Monday, February 06, 2006

 

I feel a little faint...

I decided to egogoogle (a word as fun to type as it is to spell - go on, try it) 'Anthropax' just now, while I had a bit of time to spare, and came accross the following article (warning, anti-semitic content). This "Luke O'Farrell" mentioned a small post that I had written, commenting about the arrest of David Irving. 'Luke' had written about how Jewish people hate free speech (mentioning Mel Phillips and Mark Steyn), and seems to have come accross my blog (at the time, I had been having problems with some of Mr Skinner's friends - I'm not saying there's a connection between one right-wing bigot and another right-wing bigot, but there may be). He wrote: In November 2005 the British historian David Irving was arrested in Austria to be put on trial for a speech he had made ten years before questioning the official history of Auschwitz. This was a much more important story than the police merely questioning a “homophobe” for comments on the radio, and “the left” that Mel so despises was certainly buzzing with the news. Here’s a comment from one of its shining ornaments, a Jew who describes himself as a wavering “athiest” (sic) and a “rather liberal, tolerant person with chums from a wide range of cultural and religious backgrounds”: Friday, November 18, 2005: David Irving arrested Although I first found out on Jo’s Journal [a blog run by a Jewish lesbian NuLabourite], I haven’t got around to blogging about it (although I did help update the wikipedia article – Go team me!), I’m pleased to report that racist “historian” and and [sic] denier of the Shoah David Irving has been arrested in Austria, and could face 20 years in prison. Hurrah! # posted by Anthopax @ 17:54 3 Glorious Comrades! T (0) It’s no surprise to find a Jew who hates free speech and has “Glorious Comrades!” at work on Kikipedia, but if we apply Melanie Phillips’ own principle to what Irving said – “Free speech should only be constrained in extreme circumstances where a crime may be committed” – we can only conclude that she would be speaking up loud and clear in Irving’s defense. I had a little flick through the article, but what made me feel a little nauseous was not that I was seemingly comparable to Mark Steyn (who I despise) and Mel 'the Mynx' Phillips (although that is enough for many), but that I (and Jo) had been singled out as Jews. Now, I'm not very Jewish, I wasn't raised Jewish and have never been to a synagogue (with my dyslexia, spelling 'synagogue' is enough of a problem). But simply because back in the depths of time, some of my ancestors were "red sea pedestrians", I had been targeted.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?